© 2008-2011 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved

© 2008-2013 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved
Please ask permission before using any portion of our blog. Thanks!

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bridge Jumping on the Dee River

This week, I took my Young Men out on the River Dee to jump off of a bridge. The bridge is about 30 minutes from the house. It is called Cambus O'May. Originally built in the early 1900's, it was re-worked in 1988.

The river here is wide and fairly deep in the middle.

This is the view looking upstream.

This is the view looking downstream towards our house.

We used this rock (under the bridge)
to put our blankets and cook our hamburgers.

My 4 YM with the old man--getting ready to jump.

The view from the bridge was fantastic. It also made me reflect on why
an old man like me needs to jump with the kids.

It didn't look that far down until you get over the edge and look down.
It is probably about 18 feet down to the water.
Give me just a few moments to get up my nerve.



Video proof that I did actually jump.
The current where we jump in is strong.
It takes a little effort to get out of the current and onto the rock.

Simon, Jordan, and me getting ready for a multiple jump.


Simon and Angus--team jumping. (Jordan backed out)

I survived. The water was pretty cold but well worth it.

Jordan needed to be calibrated.

Swimming in the river.

The end of a fun activity.
We came, we jumped, we got cold--we survived.
There will definitely be another trip back to the bridge.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Bumpa,

jtiyiuy
I love Bumpa, that means I'm love him!

hjuyuyjyjuuyujiyuyhvxhxfdsgxdhdxfdxffxd
Bumpa is cool jumping in the river! Floolie saw him jump!

uyuthgtyefguytyrtfhjtt[hytyyrte[grffrfdrd
Bumpa's cool jumping in the river. I love Bumpa and Floolie saw him fall down in the river. I LOVE BUMPA!!!!

yyu7yut66hyghgdgyufytgyuretrtyfggddfcs ttrrtuytytyffhgdftytrytdfggdegfhgrrtgyjh vmc,m,admf,mm,jkjkdjwekrjrjefkjfrktjerjtxx cxmxksdldadkskjjdfdjfdfjdffsfkslfkjdsfjdfdjfdfdjfdjf dfjffjdfkdfdkfdjdfjddjfkfjksdjfksdjfsdkfjxsk ddjsakdjkasdjksjdkjskzdjskjskfdjskfjdskjskfsssdkfdj fdksjdkjdkj fkjdkfjdkjf dkf dkfjdfjdk fjkk

Bumpa is so much fun to play with at my home. And I reallly want to go to Scotland because I love him. He has Lego-Toys to play with and am really want to build with him. I really want to go to Scotland. See you in 45 days!

Love,

Monkey Boy

Courtney said...

Bump,
That was awesome!!!! If I ever visit in 'real' summer we should do this!!!!! Looks like you all had a good time!!!

Keri said...

Way to go, Uncle Lamar! How warm it was or wasn't it?

Vanessa said...

Man what has gotten into you!

Unknown said...

Aren't you turning into quite the dare devil?!? That's cool. Crazy...but cool!

Maggie said...

So you did have their parent's permission, right?