© 2008-2011 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved

© 2008-2013 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved
Please ask permission before using any portion of our blog. Thanks!

Monday, July 20, 2009

Trip Back to Utah!

That is one happy baby! I cannot believe how well she traveled. After spending four days in New Mexico with my mother (mom whines it was only technically two days) it was time to drive home to Utah. A six hour trip with kids quite often turns into eight hours though.

My little guy with his frisbee he got from the Three Rivers Cafe in Farmington, NM. This cafe, by the way, has the BEST quesadillas. They are loaded with gobs of fresh green chili! They serve their kids menus on these frisbees. Clever idea.This time we drove through LaPlata, Colorado instead of going through Shiprock, New Mexico. This is my favorite route. I love this little pasture in the desert.This is what a lot of the scenery looks like in New Mexico. Sage brush, pinon and cedar. Which I find beautiful. I love the desert. Quite a bit different from Scotland, which I also love.
This is outside Hesperus, Colorado.
It is one of my favorite parts of the drive. Here is a field of Iris'. It is a new farm, at least new to me. In Scotland they have acres and acres of daffodils so it was fun to see this little itty-bitty Iris farm in Colorado. I love Iris'.This was a cool truck, beautifully restored.
This is one of the few spots that each time Bud and I drive by it we sigh. We would love to own this little valley between Cherry Creek and Mancos, Colorado. It has always been one of our favorites places. It is one of the places we pretend we would retire to.Green mesa . . . this is nearby the Mesa Verde National Park. Mesa Verde means Green Table.
Outside of Moab, UtahGreat CloudsSandstone Monuments
The long and winding road. Okay not so winding,
but it is long hours of scenery like this.
Sandstone Bluffs
Wilson's Arch. This is about the half way point of the trip.
Jagged red cliffs in Moab, Utah
The sky looks so huge compared to the scenery.
This little guy was trying to take a nap. His mama needed a break from his incessant talking. The nap didn't work so he and I played the quiet game. He won 9 games to my 8 games. I think once he was almost quiet for 1/2 hour. He is good! No wonder he won! :)

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

I enjoy that route better too!

Courtney said...

You are welcome for the wicked awesome pictures Floolie! Don't die of shock, but I'm going to blog right now. ;)

And I like that route better than the nothingness via Shiprock. I especially like it better when *someone* doesn't make me get out and walk a mile!!!!

Keri said...

Did you know my dad would love to retire somewhere around Mancos? Interesting that you and Uncle Lamar dream of the same thing. And the drive looks prettier when it's actually photographed.

Kelli said...

What pretty picture's! There is a different beauty about the desert but, it's still so pretty.

Too bad the drive takes so long!