© 2008-2011 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved

© 2008-2013 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved
Please ask permission before using any portion of our blog. Thanks!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Pizza Hut

Bud told me it was stupid to blog about Pizza.
Obviously I disagree.

The thing is - I miss American food.
Fast food, restaurants, grocery items . . .
i.e. Taco Bell, Cafe Rio, Costa Vida, Carl's Jr.,
Red Robin, PF Changs, Brick Oven, Pizza Factory, Joe Bandito's,
Corn Tortilla's, Corn Meal, Jello Chocolate Pudding, Cool Whip, etc.
(Let's not forget a nice grain fed Angus steak!)
You get the point.


The other night we went to the movie to see Star Trek. (It was alright, worth seeing but not as good as the older films.) The theater is down by the beach. They have T.G.I.F.'s and Pizza Hut. They also have a Mexican food restaurant. I can't say I really recognized their Mexican food! Won't be back there anytime soon.


We wanted to go to T.G.I.F.'s but the wait was too long. We decided to get "take away" at Pizza Hut. (Most restaurants don't do take out. It is nice to find one that does.) We heard it wasn't too bad. Bud ordered pineapple and Canadian bacon. I got a Supreme. Fifteen minutes into the drive home, Bud says, "Get us out a slice. It smells good." It was good! It wasn't quite as good as home but it was not that bad. I think the cheese is the difference.

Friday's is where we go when we are craving American food. Once again it isn't as good as Pizza Hut in the states but its not bad. I wanted to go to Friday's the other day but it was rush hour and it is on the other side of the rush. Bud offered to take me to one of the Scottish restaurants nearby. I declined. I wanted American food. The best American food I can get is in my own kitchen! I must say I enjoy my own cooking much more than I ever did in the states!

Just a side note, Bud and I also saw "Angels and Demons." We loved it. We hadn't read the book but the movie was great. I would recommend seeing it.

10 comments:

Canoez said...

When we visit the UK to see family, we like to eat out. We do usually succumb to a "Little Chef" (BLECH!) for breakfast when on the road as we tend to stay at Travelodge.

However, rather than hit fast-food places we tend to review The Good Pub Guide and find a nice gastro-pub for dinner. Haven't been disappointed yet. I am constantly amazed that people will want to go to American fast-food restaurants (KFC and Burger King seem to be big for some reason) when there is such a diversity of good food that can often be had for a fairly reasonable price.

I guess with Pizza Hut a bit of homesickness has set in?

Vanessa said...

I can't wait to see both of those movies...of course I'll have to wait until they come to the red box. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Mel and Angus said...

Yeah, I am not too impressed with Burger King or KFC. It will do in a fix. Burger King was not one of the fast food places I visited in the US so I am not keen on it here either. I have been to KFC once. It was okay.

Svedi Pie said...

I enjoyed Angels and Demons too! I read the book and thought the movie followed it pretty well. I know what you mean about a need for American food - I felt the same way in Taiwan. We take what we can get, right? :) Then when you come back you'll crave Scottish/European foods!

Kelli said...

You could always open your own restaurant! Maybe a Cafe Rio, then you could have it all the time!!

Canoez said...

You don't have to be a drinker to hit the pub for a nice meal. Some are much more like restaurants or cafes than bars.

One of the funny things about my DW when we go to the UK is that she eats like an 8 YO. She goes for the mince pies and the Smarties and all the junk food that she probably couldn't have as a child!

Glad you're enjoying her blog - hope your son is doing better!

Lydia said...

I think that food is the hardest part of living out of the US. When we lived in Germany we did find a few little places that we loved but good American food is really what you want some times.

Nalene said...

Thanks goodness you have at least a few choices to bring back a taste of the states!

Nalene said...

By the way...What is the difference in the food?

Anonymous said...

thanks to your article i am now craving pizza; thank goodness my favorite place near where I live delivers