© 2008-2011 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved

© 2008-2013 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved
Please ask permission before using any portion of our blog. Thanks!

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Crathes Castle Walk

After my tour of Crathes Castle Gardens,
I thought Bud should see it.
It is a nice little walk from our house
so yesterday after dinner we decided to walk over.

One of the formal sitting areas of the garden.

The shrubs are all in bloom all over the castle grounds.


We thought this tree was cool because it has
a hole in the middle of the trunk.

Crathes Castle

All over the grounds they have markers to tell about the various
varieties of botany specimens that are planted throughout the estate.

This tree was planted around 1860!

It is huge!

Look at how these branches grow downward.

This tree was also planted around 1860. It is a Redwood.


I dared Bud to look in this box . . . it is a dog poop deposit box.
I didn't really think he would . . . but you know Bud!

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

I love you guys! You are too much! Those trees are awesome!

Nalene said...

That is so georgeous!! By the way, that cow at the top of your blog looks like it could be a cousin of mine!

Dixie said...

why can't my yard look like that? ...I guess I would have to do a little more weeding, and planting, and pruning...oh, nevermind!

Dixie said...

oh my gosh, I just read my mom's comment. I'm dying laughing right now. That cow totally looks related!