© 2008-2011 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved

© 2008-2013 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved
Please ask permission before using any portion of our blog. Thanks!

Friday, May 29, 2009

Crathes Castle Gardens

Yesterday, my friend Sydnie and I went to Crathes Castle.
The castle is about 3 miles from my house.
It was a gloriously beautiful day!
Sunny and warm!

The pond outside the grounds.

The reflections in the pond were so brilliant.

What a sight!

A self portrait.

A view from the castle tower

I still can't get over the "green-ness" of Scotland.

Don't you wish your backyard looked like this?

This is Sydnie. Her husband and Bud work in the same building.

The Laburnum flowers were sooo fragrant.

Who thought I would find Columbine in Scotland.
Columbine has been one of my favorite flowers
since I was a little girl. We would go camping in Colorado
and the columbine would be growing wild on the mountain side.


This tree's branches are all intertwined.



The lilacs were very fragrant.
In Utah around the corner from our house
was a whole row of lilac bushes.They were about a city block long.
When I would drive down that road in the springtime,
I would drive on wrong side of the road,
with my window down, head hanging outside the window,
trying to take in their scent. I love the smell of lilacs.

Oriental Poppy. Looks like the Scottish Thistle.

I would guess these are Blue Bells, but I don't know.


Lupines



See the bee in the lilacs?

Notice the fern growing on the base of the fountain?

Geranium




Bird of Paradise




Modern Plant Art?

A Succulent

Poppy


It was an absolutely beautiful day, in a beautiful place!
I think I will go again in a few weeks.
More flowers should be in bloom.
This was the tip of the iceberg, so to speak.

6 comments:

Svedi Pie said...

That is lovely, simply lovely (seeing as how it's a Scottish garden I thought it deserved a more proper word than pretty :). Thank you for sharing!

Vanessa said...

Wow! Is that place for real!? That is truly walking in heaven!!

Keri said...

So, so beautiful!! I just noticed the sunrise & sunset times. Jenna would never get any sleep if we lived there! She's up at the crack of dawn.

Alison Berrett said...

Excellent photography skills! Awesome pics! You can almost smell the flowers!

Unknown said...

Wow! That's gorgeous! You're quite the photographer too!

Nalene said...

Oh, my gosh! Is there not anywhere in Scottland that is not stunningly beautiful!