© 2008-2011 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved

© 2008-2013 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved
Please ask permission before using any portion of our blog. Thanks!

Friday, March 26, 2010

London - Part 2

 When I think of London, these are two very iconic images that come to mind.
The double-decker red bus and the cabbie.
 
You even have your choice of colors -
black or red. 
(Bud pointed out that there all sorts of colors for cabs -
I know that but I only took a picture of a red and black one!)
I loved the architecture in London.
This was across the street from our hotel The Gore.
I was a little surprised to find this man.
It was 9:30 a.m. along Hyde Park Avenue (Street? Place?)
Hyde Park has some very expensive, posh buildings.
I guess it is a reminder that not all people have the same good fortune.
 
This is how I toured London.  2nd story.
It was great . . . and I got rained on and froze!
Still I wouldn't go lower because you just can't get a good view from there.
The sign speaks for itself!
Here was a long queue (line) of people waiting for the doors to open -
I didn't see it but I would love to go back someday and have a look.

I fell in love with London.  
Its just a breathtaking place -
beautiful buildings, historic places, theater, arts, etc.
I definitely want to tour some more.
Stay tuned for more . . .

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Everyone that I have ever met that has gone to London has loved it! I hope to be able to go someday.. thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures!

Courtney said...

You know the crowd at Madame Tousssaud's was because they just put a Robert Pattinson wax figure in there right? I just read about the one in London and the one in NYC.

Mel and Angus said...

Court - Actually it hadn't been unveiled yet!

Info for you said...

Looks pretty cool. I hope to get there one day!

DHFarnsworth said...

That's hilarious about Robert Pattinson. Melanie, you sound like you're taking full advantage of the sights. We have, too, but somehow it just isn't the same here.

Jim said...

I wouldn't do Tussaud's again. It is way too overpriced and not worth it. But it looks like you were having a blast!

CeCelia Jade said...

2 words: Insanely Jealous.