© 2008-2011 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved

© 2008-2013 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved
Please ask permission before using any portion of our blog. Thanks!

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Frozen Dee River

A couple of weeks ago, Bud took these pictures of the River Dee.
The river was freezing up again and we wanted to get some pictures.
Being from the desert states in the U.S., 
we didn't see very many rivers of this size.
This was during a very cold snap - duh!
Earlier in the winter, the river froze solid with ice,
but we didn't get pictures of it.  Still, this freeze is pretty good.
You often see people Skulling or Rowing on this river.
They do in all kinds of weather, even in the winter,
however I've yet to see them do it in the ice!
If I ever do, then I will know that they are really
SCOTTISH TOUGH!
The Dee is famous for its salmon fishing.
I have seen men standing in their waders
with ice forming on the shores of the river.
That's what I call crazy!
(However, I've yet to find one who has caught a salmon!)
Shards of glass.
This bird is very industrious - found a twig.
I don't know how these gulls don't freeze.
I realize that this is their habitat but its so cold!
On days like this I wonder how much food they find.
Doesn't that look cold?
This picture gives me a brain freeze!
I wouldn't stick my face in this river on a hot day!
Burrrrrrr!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Go join the polar bear club Floo! You know you want to!