© 2008-2011 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved

© 2008-2013 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved
Please ask permission before using any portion of our blog. Thanks!

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Fettucine Alfredo

One of Bud's favorite meals to eat is Fettucine Alfredo with Chicken. I like it too, except for all the calories (although that has never stopped me from eating it - I just feel guilty about it.) I have never bothered to learn to make it because we had so many good restaurants back home where we could go get some when the craving struck. Alas, as I have lamented before, we are having a hard time finding a place that serves good Alfredo. Unlike Mexican food, I think that you can probably find it here I just haven't discovered where. That being said, please someone send me a good recipe for Fettucine Alfredo!! I know I can surf the internet and find one but that is trial and error. I know that a lot of you who read this blog are great cooks. So I am looking for a recipe that you have actually made and you love it and it is one of your favorites, etc., etc. I know this is a very simple recipe but I just want something tried and true.

I tried making it for Bud this past week. He has been under A LOT of stress these past few weeks with work and I thought I would be a good wife (surprise) and do something nice. I saw a jar of "white lasagna sauce" at the store and thought that would do. There was no Alfredo sauce. Well can I say, "Blek!" I have never tasted something so tasteless. I added salt, pepper, butter, Parmesan and even some chicken bouillon to try to doctor this sauce. Bud was a good sport and ate it all but I am sure he hated it as much as I did. I threw the leftovers away!

So be a good sport and send me your recipe to:
Farnsworthclan [at] gmail [dot] com.

Thanks!!

P.S. I have found 4 different ways to spell Fettucine. All are equally represented so I am not sure what is the correct spelling.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

As much as I love fettuccine I hardly ever make it. I don't have a recipe but, have you tried allrecipes.com? They have some great recipes and the reviews are usually pretty right on. Good luck finding a good recipe, let me know if you find one!

Kelli said...

Okay, try this one. I would read the reviews too, sometimes there are some good suggestions.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-Fettuccini-Alfredo/Detail.aspx

Dixie said...

I have a recipe that was given to me years ago. My entire family loves it. Check your email.

Info for you said...

I love it too. I have a few I'll have to find for you.

Hearts and Hands for Nepal said...

oh my! I just ran a search for "fettucine Alfredo in the hague" and this blog popped up. I couldn't help but notice that you are LDS. We just moved here and live in Rotterdam. Also, did you find a good mexican food restaurant? I saw a reference in this blog, but I haven't found one yet...if you have you MUST share!!!

amberdlanning@msn.com

http://amber-showontheroad.blogspot.com/