© 2008-2011 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved

© 2008-2013 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved
Please ask permission before using any portion of our blog. Thanks!

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Balmoral Castle

It was my birthday at the end of July.
(Who is that fat broad?!!)
Did I say it was my birthday?
My good friend Sydnie took me out to lunch.
After lunch we drove down the road to Balmoral.
Balmoral Castle is the summer home for the royal family.
The castle is beautiful.
It is open for touring just a few months of the year.
You can only tour the grounds and the ballroom.
The royal flag with the family crest on it.
The Scottish Thistle on top of the castle tower.
The thistle is the official flower of Scotland.
A view of the castle from the gardens.
I can see why the royal family like to escape to Balmoral.
The grounds have such a peaceful feeling to them.
A fountain which is in the garden by Queen Victoria's bedroom.
Queen Victoria and Prince Albert bought the property in 1852.
The Rose Garden


I love Daisies.




A visitor at the garden.
A thistle waiting to bloom.

Sweet Peas climbing a trellis.
Being in the Highlands,
the gardeners have to protect the plants from frost.
The growing season is shorter in the Highlands.
The garden provides fresh flowers and food for
the royal family when they are staying at the castle.


These carnations smelled marvelous.
Lupines
Peony

7 comments:

Info for you said...

I think you came out good in the picture :)
LOVE the pictures of the flowers :)

Vanessa said...

Man I had no idea such places even existed! BEAUTIFUL!!

Svedi Pie said...

Wow!! So beautiful! Thank you for taking pictures and sharing :). And I hope you had a happy birthday!!

Keri said...

So, so beautiful. It looks very peaceful, too. And I thought of you on your birthday. :)

Unknown said...

Looks gorgeous! I'm glad you were able to have a good time for your birthday!

Kelli said...

Beautiful pictures!! Happy belated birthdat!

DHFarnsworth said...

We'd love to visit, with scenery like this. We miss you guys too. Can't believe Jake's getting married. I told him we'd get all our kids to jump into the swimming pool at his reception.