© 2008-2011 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved

© 2008-2013 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved
Please ask permission before using any portion of our blog. Thanks!

Friday, August 14, 2009

1st Anniversary

I just realized that today is the 1st anniversary of us blogging. I remember my first post, I had no clue as how to blog well (still don't.) I had to get tips from nieces and friends who have wonderful blogs. It took me hours to post that first post. I couldn't get the writing to line up with the pictures like I wanted, couldn't get the pictures in the order I wanted, etc. I wasn't sure I was going to keep blogging if it was going to be so difficult!

So here I am a year later. 95 posts later and over 9,300 visitors. Not very many visitors but to me it is amazing that someone wants to look at my blog. I know it is mostly family and friends but still . . . ! I love reading all my family and friends blogs. I think it is the easy way to keep in touch and let others know what you been up to. Especially for someone who lives on the other side of the world!

Speaking of the other side of the world, MY DAUGHTER BETTER BLOG AND POST SOME PICTURES OR I AM CUTTING HER OUT OF THE WILL! It has been over three weeks. My grandson had his birthday party and I need pictures. If you see her, please shame her into doing this! Thank you. No excuses Snort!

There are some blogs that I follow. I don't know them but I find what they do interesting. The Pioneer Woman - the story about her and her husband courting kind of reminded me of Bud and me. We didn't meet at a bar but he was a cowboy and I was a city girl. He was all wranglers and I was designer jeans. Needless to say, I can now brand a bull, work the shoot, doctor cows, ride a horse and I don't freak out if I get some manure on my face!

I also follow Paddling Upstream and his wife Almost American. I came across Paddling Upstream's blog and was amazed at the artistry of making wooden canoes. He also has a funny sense of humor. His wife's blog is being about an expat in America. I am about an expat living in the U.K., where she is originally from. I like seeing her thoughts about living in that foreign country of America!

Tova Darling. I like reading her blog because she started publishing it anonymously because her mother-in-law was using her former blog to criticized and judge her. Tova wasn't good enough for her son, etc. I love the idea of Tova being able to express herself in a environment that we all know is secret to her dear mother-in-law. Kinda funny. I can't relate. I loved my mother-in-law. She was a fabulous woman and I miss her. She passed away a few years ago but she was so good to me and taught me many things a young bride didn't know - like how to can fruit and vegetables, how to reset a mouse trap, (and get rid of the dead mouse. You evidently just fling it off your back deck) and how to help a sick baby, etc.

There are several others that I follow just because I either like the photography or the travel narratives. Seeing the world through someone else eyes. I also check out the friends and families of blogs that I follow from time to time. Just kind of fun.

Anyway, thanks for blogging and making the world more interesting.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I love reading your blog!! You post such fun stuff. I also love reading about your adventures! Happy Blogiversary!

Courtney said...

Well, I was going to send a CD of pictures but if you are going to be whiny...I will just take back the EXTRA DUFFLE OF STUFF that I gathered for you! It has been crazy busy here so I will blog soon! Lalu anyway! :*