© 2008-2011 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved

© 2008-2013 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved
Please ask permission before using any portion of our blog. Thanks!

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Mad Cow?, Tomato Sauce


The other day I bought some mince (hamburger) and
I was entranced by the label. Shows -
Country of Origin: UK
Slaughtered in: UK
Cut in: UK
Minced in: UK
Country of Birth: UK
Could that be a result of the Mad Cow Disease of years ago?
I don't know but that would be my guess.
(Sorry I could not get the picture to rotate.)


Also I thought it was interesting that tomato paste
came in a metal tube!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's strange about the tomato paste! I think it's fairly comforting though to know you're not eating a cow from China or something :D Never know what kind of stuff you'd get from over there!

Bond Fam said...

Hmm how interesting isnt it funny how something as simple as hamburger and tomato paste can be so different and interesting!

Nalene said...

How very interesting! Now, the tube of tomato paste I have seen used on Martha Stewart or some other cooking show. These are probably just a few of the differences you are seeing! What is your ward like?...

Dixie said...

I could deal with the fish truck, but tomato sauce in a tube, now that's just plain weird ;)