© 2008-2011 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved

© 2008-2013 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved
Please ask permission before using any portion of our blog. Thanks!

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Laundry Day


Here is my British washing machine, which I don't care for much!
It isn't very big,
I can wash about four large bath towels and it struggles.
I don't know how moms with large families do it.
I chose the "cotton" setting to wash my whites.
I chose the "30" option (30, 40, 60 or 90 are your options.)
I put my laundry in at 7:03.
It was done at 9:30.
That was the short cycle!!!
I did a "mixed load - 30."
I put that load in at 10:15 and it was done at 11:36.
Much shorter - I think I will use that cycle the most.
I also understand that these machines are very hard on your clothes.
I can understand - they wash them for eternity!
When the load is done the machine beeps.
It will beeps for 30 minutes if you don't turn it off.
The dryer however, doesn't beep.
I have to iron everything, even t-shirts and jeans.
They come out sooooo wrinkled.
I have tried to make a positive out of it though.
I iron and watch movies so it makes it not so bad!

11 comments:

Kelli said...

You may have to have some new machines shipped over from the states!

melanie said...

Yuck! I would hate that. Crazy how things like that are so different.

Courtney said...

Um, you iron your jeans and t-shirts anyway so how is that any different?? LOL you could always wait for clothes to dry on your clothesline outside!!! Jake and I were having a good dialogue mocking you and dad about turning off the buzzer, you would have enjoyed it. Tell Dad we had tacos for dinner- beef and corn tortillas. Mmmm! Lalu!

Dustin and Angie said...

sounds like you need a good old made in the USA washer and dryer

Keri said...

That makes me grateful for the washer and dryer I have, even if my loads continue to multiply!

Bond Fam said...

Oh dear that does not sound fun! And do you really iron your jeans anyway?!

Mel and Angus said...

My mother made me iron my jeans but since I have married I have not ironed my jeans. I suppose maybe if they were soooo wrinkled I would iron the wrinkles out but NO I do not iron my jeans. I am the firm believer that you catch your clothes out of the dryer so you don't have to iron! Silly Courtney!

Nalene said...

That sounds a bit like
Tiffany's house. Her washer and drying are much faster, but she irons everything...even if there aren't wrinkles!

Dixie said...

How long do you think it will take before you break down & look into shipping a new washer & dryer over?

I would be doing laundry NON-STOP be a machine that size!

Courtney said...

Live-er Floolie! You made ME iron my jeans in High School and made me put a crease in them! Nae used to make fun of me for it!!!! My dryer doesn't work right now, so I have to dry each load 2 or 3 times. Catching it is a moot point now!

Vanessa said...

Whoa, that would not work for a mother of 4 throwing up kids! HAHAHAHAHA!