© 2008-2011 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved

© 2008-2013 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved
Please ask permission before using any portion of our blog. Thanks!

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Clearing out the Junk!

This past Saturday our children came over to help us go through the collection of 27 years of marriage! That is a monumental task! They were good sports however, and worked like troopers the whole day. Thank goodness!

Here is beauty and the beast. I don't think I need to tell you which one I think is the beast but it isn't Snortney.

I can't believe we have let stuff pile up like this. Nothing like a move to help you de-junk. Really it is the best way to get rid of stuff. Our unfinished basement had become the catch-all for stuff. Anything we didn't want to deal with or knew what to do with got put in the basement.
We also had to go through the garage outside. We worked inside until the weather warmed up. We still have part of the basement to go through but Snort and I can tackle that after I quit work. I cannot begin to tell you how much I appreciate my daughter. She has been such a support to me during this move thing - Jake thing. She is my very best friend. It has been such a blessing to me to have her friendship. WAY TO GO SNORTNEY! HIP HIP HOORAY!

Back to the garage, we pretty much have it cleared out. If any of you saw it, you know what a chore that was. We took two pickup loads to the dump, my car full of stuff for D.I., Snort's trunk full of things she wanted and about three loads to the storage unit. Having the kids help us was huge! I think if Bud and I had to do it we would still be here this spring.

I can't believe my last day at work is the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I have been working at that job for the last 16 1/2 years. I love it. It has been a wonderful opportunity and I will miss those I work with immensely. My co-workers are like family and we have a great rapport. Since giving my notice, however, I have found myself quite relieved. It was an unexpected feeling. I was dreading quitting - not knowing what to do with myself, missing my friends, etc. I will still miss them but it feels good to know I will have some time to get ready for the move and to spend with my kids and other family members. You never know how things are going to turn out but I am feeling very optimistic about my future!

4 comments:

Bond Fam said...

Wow it sounds like you guys were busy this weekend! If you guys ever need help in the future dont hesitate to call us, we would love to help!

Keri said...

What a chore! I can't believe you've been at your job that long, either! How nice that you won't have to "work" anymore for a while (or at all?).

Tiffany said...

That just reminds me how much I hate moving. And the men are not the ones who have to do that crappy work. I would rather be a heavy lifter than a sorter & boxer

Audrie said...

Maybe when you are done with your house, you can come clean mine. I hate moving. I love having a nice, clean, organized house. I just wish I could find somebody to get it that way for me.