© 2008-2011 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved

© 2008-2013 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved
Please ask permission before using any portion of our blog. Thanks!

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Update on Jake

I don't have much new news to report. Jake seems like he is the same guy he was before the seizure. In fact he is working this to his advantage. I asked him to scape the snow, yes snow, off my car this morning and he said that he couldn't - that it might cause a seizure! Need less to say he scraped the snow and is just fine. This seizure has come in handy for him - if you could ever say that. I am glad to know he still has his humor in tact.

Once you have a seizure you are reported to the Driver's License Division and not allowed to drive until you get clearance from a neurologist. Jake has to have two tests before he goes to the neurologist - a MRI and a EEG. He had the MRI yesterday and the EEG is schedule for Friday morning. He can't get into the neurologist until November 17th!!! A person could die waiting for appointments, I swear. The neurologist's office said that they would put his name on a list for any cancellations they might have so he could get a quicker appointment. I hope that happens but I doubt it. We won't know any test results until the neurology appointment.

If you can read between the lines, that means we have to drive him everywhere he needs to go and he always has to be around someone, in case he has another seizure. He has been staying with us but is longing for his bachelor pad. I don't blame him. Bud and I are not that exciting, as you well know! Monday night I sat in the parking lot of the UVU testing center for an hour and a half while he took his chemistry test. It was dark and I played Bubble Breaker on my phone. I set a personal best that night! Today I took him to school and told him to find someone to eat lunch with and hang out with. I think he is eating with a girl but I don't know. He was coy about it. Go Jake Go! Yesterday Court got to babysit. I think he was ready to go home after hanging out all day with an infant and a three year old. He loves the little kids but they are only so much fun.

Thanks for all the comments of support and prayers. It is a great comfort to know you are loved! I will keep you updated if there are any new developments.

By the way, I love all your blogs. It has been so much fun for me to get to see what you and your families are doing. Hopefully Court is going to really get going on hers soon. She definitely needs to change the color of her blog from that Pepto Bismal pink!

Love to you all!

5 comments:

Keri said...

Way to go on your game playing! Jake sure is lucky to have all of you around to help him. I'm anxiously awaiting the results from his neurology visit.

Unknown said...

I hope he gets his appointment soon for everyone's sake. It must be frustrating waiting around trying to not think or worry about it much and hoping that nothing's wrong. Does he feel like he's back on his mission, constantly having a companion? I knew a lady who had a seizure dog as a companion...just an idea ;)

Unknown said...

I just read my post and realized how ramble-y it sounds. Sorry. I really am praying that everything is okay. I hope you find out soon!

Amanda said...

I'm always stealing Jeremy's phone to play bubble breaker! I'm glad Jake is doing well and milking it for all it's worth. And fingers crossed all goes well with his tests.

Kelli said...

You're such a good mom! November 17th?! Well, I just hope you guys don't go crazy before then!