© 2008-2011 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved

© 2008-2013 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved
Please ask permission before using any portion of our blog. Thanks!

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Our New House in Scotland

A new neighborhood in Aberdeenshire, Scotland.


Our new home!
This was actually the first house I saw online and the first house Bud looked at. He probably took 100 pictures of it so I would know what it looked like. He did a good job! It is in a new (two years old) subdivision of about ten homes. We feel really blessed to have found a home so easily. We heard horror stories from other expatriates of how hard it was for them to find a decent home. How lucky are we?


The back of the house.
The side you can't see is the same as the side you can see.


The kitchen/great room.
Yes great room. It is the longest kitchen ever. I don't know what i am going to do to fill it up.
I also like the Dalmatian inspired tile (not).


See the kitchen is really, really long!


See what I mean?


The balcony off one of the upstairs bedrooms.
This house has five bedrooms upstairs and four bathrooms. Three of the bedrooms have private bathrooms and two rooms share one bathroom. A lot of toilets to scrub.
Plenty of room for visitors!!!

The main floor of the house has a lounge (living room), formal dining room, kitchen/great room, study, bathroom, coat room, laundry room with another fridge and freezer, and garage. The fridge/freezers in Scottish kitchens are like dorm fridges. They shop for groceries everyday. This was one of the reasons we liked this home, also the washer and dryer were normal sized too. Scottish washer and dryers are so small that you have to wash small loads everyday to get your laundry done!

The back yard.


Behind our backyard is a little hill and if you look real hard you can see a walking trail. Beyond that is the River Dee. The River Dee is the south border of Aberdeen. The River Don is the north border of Aberdeen. The River Dee is famous in the United Kingdom for its Salmon Fishing.



9 comments:

Bond Fam said...

It looks really nice! Im glad that you guys were able to find house!

Keri said...

I love it! I guess I'd better start saving so I can come visit! I'll definitely be checking out the website to see more about your little town. So green & beautiful!

Unknown said...

Your new home is beautiful! Its great that you guys were able to find one so quickly, you know it was the right thing to do when everything falls right into place. Have fun filling all that space up!

Dixie said...

Wow. I imagined a penthouse or something less Americanized. Glad to hear you have extra room. Josh informed me that we are coming to visit...not that I complained!!!

Tiffany said...

That is very nice. I thought you would have a little apartment like you see on househunters international. I cant believe you get 5 br's. But now you have to decide if you are gonna furnish those rooms. Thats a chore!What are you doing with your house here?

melanie said...

The house looks amazing.. Now we have a reason to go to Scotland. When are you moving? What a great adventure..

Megan said...

The house looks great!Nice to have so much room! Ohhh I would love to send my mom & dad to visit!

Unknown said...

OH MY Gosh! It's beautiful! Quite picturesque. I'm pretty jealous. I can't believe how BIG it is too!

Amanda said...

Hi, it's Amanda (Whipple). Megan said she found your blog, so I thought I'd check it out too. Scotland looks beautiful and so green! The house looks great too. Well, just thought I'd say hi!