© 2008-2011 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved

© 2008-2013 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved
Please ask permission before using any portion of our blog. Thanks!

Sunday, October 18, 2009

We're Baaack!

Bud and I have been missing in action lately. We have had a lot going on the past three weeks. First our Dear Daughter did a tour of England for ten days and we had our two grandchildren. It was wonderful and they were really good for us too. Then Snortney spent the next eight days in Scotland with her kids and us. We did a little touring while she was here.

On September 29th, Snort, the kids and I flew to Utah to get ready for Jake's wedding. The baby came down with a cold shortly after arriving in Utah and consequently, Snort, Rynie and I also came down with the same cold. Well after two weeks we all still have this stupid, freakin' cold! I am so sick of being sick!!

I managed to drive to New Mexico and visit my mom and sister for an extended weekend before the wedding. Mom was not able to come to Jake's wedding because of minor health issues so it was good to spend some time with her. My brother also had some fresh green chili fire roasted for me. When I got back to Utah, Snort and I made some Pork - Green Chili Stew. It was yummy, with just the right amount of heat. I wish I could bring some of that back to Scotland with me!

Jake and Shannon's wedding was great and beautiful. We had lots of family and friends come. It was great to see everyone and to know that these kids have such great support. I have lots of pictures but unfortunately the airline has lost our luggage and my USB cable for my camera is in it. Hopefully tomorrow the luggage will show up. I hope so. We have new clothing, books, etc. in there. Not to mention corn tortillas!!!

So now Bud and I are suffering from jet lag. I hate trying to readjust to different time zones. It also looks like I have almost missed autumn here in Scotland while I've been gone the past three weeks. I could not believe it when I looked out on our balcony and saw some of the trees were almost leaf-less. If you are not careful, time will pass you by!

2 comments:

Info for you said...

Glad you had a great trip. The leaves are beautiful out right now. You may be able to enjoy it for a bit more if this rain would stop!

Dixie said...

It was great seeing you guys. We haven't had much of a fall here. The leaves are just drying out & dropping, with hardly any color change.

Tell Bud that Josh caugh a whopper on Saturday--a 6 1/2 lb Brown in the Snake River near our house. Of course, if Bud would've been here there wouldn't have been any bites. Whoops! Did I just say that? ;)