© 2008-2011 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved

© 2008-2013 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved
Please ask permission before using any portion of our blog. Thanks!

Friday, April 17, 2009

The Volvo XC60

HOLY CRAP!!!

I drove the Volvo for the first time last night.
I had to take the 30 minute drive into town for a meeting.
All I can say is . . .

SWEET!!

Bud has been trying to get me to drive it.
I haven't wanted to for two reasons -
1 - I didn't want to be the one to put the 1st dent in it, and
2 - I didn't want to drive with Bud; him telling me how to drive.
(I, too, would probably be protective of it if it was my car.)

Last night I decided I wanted to drive it.
Bud was more than willing to let me.
I had barely got around the corner when my cell phone rang.
Bud: "Slow down. You're speeding."
I am thinking, how does he know that.
There isn't enough street on our street to speed on,
and he can't possibly see me.
So I ask, "How do you know I am speeding?"
He says, "I drive that car everyday. I know how easy it is to speed."
I had to laugh because I was speeding.
It was so easy. The power that car has is amazing.
On the way home (on our long stretch of country roads)
I kept punching the accelerator to go really fast really quick.
When I reached the proper speed I would slow down.
It was a fun drive but I think I will stick to my 2001 Freelander.
I probably won't get a ticket for speeding in that one.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

I love driving on autobahns where you can really go. I loved to set the cruse at 105. It made the 40 mile trip to church really fast.

Bond Fam said...

How fun, I don't think I could ever drive a car like that though, cause I already have issues with speeding to much!