© 2008-2011 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved

© 2008-2013 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved
Please ask permission before using any portion of our blog. Thanks!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

New Lingo


I am learning a new way of speaking. Did you know that . . .
Trolley is a shopping cart?
Messages are the items in your trolley?
You "Give Way" when yielding?
Take Away is when ordering take out?
Violin/Piano Tuition are lessons?
Barrister is a lawyer? ( I actually knew that one.
Don't know that I could of recalled that one though.)
That is all I can remember for right now.

On other news, did you know it would cost
$509.00 to ship your computer to Scotland?
I KNOW!!!!!
We didn't want to ship our Mac on the slow boat so we had it shipped via UPS. It should arrive the 13th. I can't wait. I can then download some of the pictures I have taken.
Also LaNice and I arrived during the worst storm the United Kingdom has seen in 18-19 years. I feel like the Utah weather traveled on our backs. It is unreal. The whole country shuts down because they usually don't have this kind of weather and aren't prepared to face a foot of snow. It makes me grateful Utah is so vigilant in attacking their storms. Way to go Utah!

5 comments:

Dixie said...

that reminds me about the time that I learned the true meaning of "buns". Have you learned that one yet?

Crum Clan said...

Hope all is going well! We will give you some time to get settled before we try calling.

Courtney said...

Duh Floolie! You have seen all the Harry Potter and Bridgit Jones movies!!! They use all of those in the movies.

Remember, mind the trolley dear!!! LOL!

Mike Smith said...

And only in Scotland can two positives make a negative - aye, right!

Very best wishes to you both.

Mike Smith

DSigns said...

So I asked Gaylee why you moved to Scotland and who Bud was(she filled me in.) What fun to live there.