© 2008-2011 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved

© 2008-2013 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved
Please ask permission before using any portion of our blog. Thanks!

Monday, December 15, 2008

Unemployed

The whole gang for my last day picture!

How does it feel to be unemployed after 17 years at a wonderful job . . . good actually. The Wednesday before Thanksgiving was my last day. I thought it would be very hard but when I actually set the date it was alright. I loved my job. It was great and I could not have asked for a better bunch of coworkers. I love my coworker friends! We are all a big family. Our office had very little turn around because everybody was so content working together. Once in a while we would get a bad apple or two but they didn't stay. My boss was the greatest guy - so easy to work for. The other attorneys and office staff were fun to be around. I am going to miss everyone. I would not have quit if it weren't for my moving an ocean away.


Celia - the other full-time legal secretary. She came to our office as a 17 year old intern in high school and she never left. She is studying for the LSAT so she can go to law school. Go Girl!


Denise, Betty, Me, Sommer, Celia, Camille and Mitzie.
The women who actually ruled the office! Betty was the office manager when I was hired. She retired a few years ago but we still go to lunch every two weeks. She is a great friend - we both love movies, horses and a good laugh.


Rick and David
Rick was my first boss. He and I got along really well, like two siblings who had to give each other a hard time. We had so much fun razzing each other. He is now a judge.
David just retired this past April. He would go to lunch with Betty and I. We called him one of the girls, which we thought was a compliment but he didn't see it that way! He and his wife still come to lunch with us. He and I have a similar sense of humor. We would laugh at Far Side cartoons until we snorted and cried.



Jeanine and Paulette from the records department.
They made my job a lot easier when it came to working with the P.D.
Paulette's girls are coming over for visit to Scotland.


My best friend LaNice. Bud is bringing her with me when I move over to Scotland. What a smart man he is. He knows it will be hard and that having LaNice there to help me get things set up at the house and then a bunch of goofing off will be a nice way to ease into Scottish life. LaNice and I leave in February! Bud will move in January but then he has to go to Malaysia for a meeting on the 20th. He didn't think it would be a good idea to leave me in a place where I didn't know how to get around or knew anyone. I appreciate that Bud!!


I am officially retired. I just hope Bud can keep up with all the spending I plan on doing now that I have time! JUST KIDDING BUD!!!!

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Wowzers...I can't believe you are actually moving! That is so crazy!

Tiffany said...

Ah how sad to leave. I am really really bad at saying good bye. I cry way too much after people leave. You are so lucky to have great people to work with. I am so glad you blog!

Unknown said...

What a blessing to have such a good job for so long. It must be a bittersweet thing to leave. Exciting!

Kristine said...

It took me a minute to figure out who Mel and Angus were! It was fun to see your blog. I hope things are going well with Jake.
I am at my parents home for the next three weeks-beginning my own adventure-I'd rather go to Scotland!
Good Luck with all your preparations. Give Ryan a hug for me. Thanks for your prayers and support

Tyson and Shelise said...

I better not be one of those bad apples you were talking about...haha j/k. Provo City was a great place to work and Im sure they will miss you greatly. It was great working with you and hearing about grandmas lil boy all the time. :) Good Luck and Have fun in Scotland.