© 2008-2011 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved

© 2008-2013 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved
Please ask permission before using any portion of our blog. Thanks!

Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Most Dangerous Cake!



I receive an email newsletter and it had this recipe for Chocolate Mug Cake. It intrigued me so I thought I would give it a try. Here is the recipe.

Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

1 Coffee Mug
4 Tablespoons Flour (not self-rising flour)
4 Tablespoons Sugar
2 Tablespoons Cocoa
1 Egg
3 Tablespoons Milk
3 Tablespoons Oil
3 Tablespoons Chocolate Chips (Optional)
Small splash of Vanilla

Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips and vanilla, and mix again. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for three minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed. Allow to cool a little and tip out onto a plate if desired. Why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now we are all only five minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

Sounds good, huh? Here is the end result. I used white chocolate chips. I was eating it at lunch, telling Bud about it, saying, "Well its not too bad. Its a little chewy. I don't know if I would necessarily try it again but its okay. You should try a bite."




So Bud tried a bite and exclaimed, "I can't believe you got me to eat this crap!" So there you have it! I guess it is a good thing it is not that good or I would be having chocolate cake everyday.

3 comments:

Bond Fam said...

haha thats funny, at least its easy I guess, right?!

Amanda said...

Your microwave is way too clean! Either that, or my kids are too messy. Ya, I'll go with that.....messy kids!

Keri said...

The whole idea sounded a little crazy to me. I'd seen the recipe before, so it's nice to hear your opinions about it.