© 2008-2011 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved

© 2008-2013 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved
Please ask permission before using any portion of our blog. Thanks!

Friday, January 22, 2010

My Snow Post - For all you experiencing a snow day in New Mexico!

A similar vein is running through my friends and families posts -
Snow Day!
I decided to jump on the band wagon and show you all my Snow Days!
As in several days . . . some places schools closed for a week or more.
 I am sure you heard the news around Christmas of the U.K. being buried in snow.
Here is the view out of my front window.
During this weather, our house creaked and moaned,
popped and barked.
I thought that was a little interesting  . . . and disturbing.
Noticed the flat top roofs - what were they thinking?
The view from the balcony out in the back yard.
 I love the snow flocked trees.
 
Brrrr!
Across the valley.
Our frosted clothes line.
 This birdhouse has the right kind of roof!
 
 This the Dee River down by the harbor.
The river got plugged up by ice flows.
 
 (These two photos are courtesy of my friend Sydnie.
We didn't get pictures before the flow got broke up.)
 
The river bank after the flow broke.  Those ice chucks are huge -
as in six feet wide, some that tall.
 
What the river looks like now.

Seeing my friend, Mojo's post made me miss my kids and grandkids.  How fun is it to play in the snow?  Bud and I don't play in the snow.  I guess it is because we don't have little ones (or big ones) to play with!  Now the snow is all gone and it has been raining instead.  It was nice while it lasted!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pictures! Its so pretty! I love snow (living in Idaho and NY I have always had plenty!) but for some reason it just doesn't fit for NM. I mean.. its NM! Isn't it suppose to be warm?? :O)

MoJo said...

Mel, your snow is like our snow on STEROIDS! Now that's snow, and beautiful. Thanks for sharing and allowing me to count my blessings. The cold didn't bother me when I was younger, but I'm not as warm as I once was. Now, our snow is melted and we have...you guessed it...MUD! Yes, THAT is New Mexico for you.