© 2008-2011 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved

© 2008-2013 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved
Please ask permission before using any portion of our blog. Thanks!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Okay, here's the apartment.

Here are a few quick snapshots of where we live.
Our apartment building is an old monastery.
The view looking from our front door.
Pretty chandelier.
The front door.
 The entry way, and yes - that is a private elevator.
Makes moving in nice. We use the stairs though -
don't want to get lazy and fat!
 Our balcony.
 That is an elementary school and no I don't mind the children playing.
In fact, I kinda enjoy watching them play sometimes.
Boys pushing girls, girls chasing boys.
Not much has changed since the 40 years I was chasing boys.
The view out the bedroom window.  
I love that there is a windmill in our view.
Very Holland-ish!
 Our dining room.
 This is my bathtub.  It is so huge it takes forever to fill up!
Our living room.
 You step down from the dining room/kitchen.
This is the right side of the room.
This is the left side.
  By the way I love the whale boning ceiling!
 You can see the kitchen from the living room.
This was the original outside wall of the monastery.
 A view towards the hallway.
 I love the brick in the house.
  These glass steps are kinda cool!

 Our home is slowly getting all put together.  We have most of the pictures up.  I am still working on getting our bedrooms organized.  We have a lot less space here so I have had to go to IKEA for some storage solutions.  Hopefully soon I can get pictures of everything properly put together.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Its beautiful! I love old buildings that have a history behind it. I really love the little details, like the whale boning ceiling! What I would give to live in a place like that.

Keri said...

I love the building, too! It looks like a beautiful place. Now I have to add Holland to my places to visit!...when I'm rich, of course.

MoJo said...

This is absolutely stunning...inside and our!

MoJo said...

OOPS...typing blunder...I meant inside and OUT. Duh. I veg on purpose during the summer, but I didn't realize how dangerously close I've come to becoming a vegetable. Your place really is beautiful.

Courtney said...

Bout time you put up pics! I am glad to see your house without boxes in it!!

Info for you said...

Look great! Can't wait to see it in person :)

Unknown said...

It looks lovely! I really kinda like it! Hope everything is going well putting your place together. Moving sucks :P