© 2008-2011 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved

© 2008-2013 Farnsworth Clan Adventure All Rights Reserved
Please ask permission before using any portion of our blog. Thanks!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving in Scotland & Happy Birthday Shannon!

We spent our very first Thanksgiving away from our children.
I was not sure how it was going to be but it turned out pretty good.
First of all, our very dear friends, the Songs, visited us from Korea/Utah. Young Hack and Bud were mission companions in Pusan Korea in 1978. Yeon Han and I got to know each other when they lived with us during the summer of 1983. They have been family ever since!
 
 Hack and Yeon
 
The table is set, waiting for the food.

Hurry up, I'm hungry . . . .
 
Christian, a co-worker of Bud's, his daughter, Reagan visiting with
Chris and his new son, Logan. Logan's momma passed away about 1 1/2 weeks after he was born.  Chris seems to be coping pretty well. I admire his attitude.  He is an inspiration.
 
Camille, Christian's wife.  I am so glad that I have another expat over here with me, especially since our hubbies work for the same company. It makes life easier.
 
Jimmy, Alex and Emalee - Camille's other children.
We loved having a noisy house again.
It made Thanksgiving more fun to have kids in the home.
 
 Christian making his famous mashed potatoes, under the supervision
of Yeon and I. He did good.  They tasted yummy.
 
Getting some of the spread to the table.  I actually didn't think about taking any photos. I was busy in the kitchen. Hack took these and I didn't even know he did it.  Thanks Hack for documenting our wonderful American celebration in Scotland  with our Korean, Scottish and American friends.  It was really fun and I was especially grateful to my friends for making our first Thanksgiving away from our children and grandchildren so nice!


Look who's a year older?



Happy Birthday Turkey Girl!
Well, I guess that only applies every 7 years!

Thanks for joining our family.
We love you Shannon!

(I wish I had other pictures of you besides your wedding pictures.
Hopefully you guys will make a visit sometime soon!)

1 comment:

Info for you said...

That is a horrible picture of me! You really need to take it out....
We had a great time, thanks for having us over ;)
Sorry Alex ate your chocolate bunny!